ν Pricilla Mukokobi
Swakopmund is a hive of activity with pageant enthusiasts and contestants eagerly awaiting the start of Namibia’s most prestigious beauty contests taking place at the MTC Dome this weekend.
Miss Teen Namibia will be crowned tonight and Miss Namibia tomorrow evening.
Miss Namibia Organisation CEO Umbi Karuaihe-Upi expressed satisfaction with the preparations for the event, saying final touches to the stage are being made and the contestants are ready to charm the masses.
She told VIBEZ! the finalists have been actively engaged in a range of activities leading up to the final show. These activities include pageant training, dancing, walking, public speaking, mentoring and motivational speaking, all aimed at preparing the contestants for the grand finale.
“We are here to promote diversity and inclusivity. This year we toured most regions to make sure everyone gets to know about the competition and we received 100 applications from all regions. We are strong on promoting local and international tourism,” said Karuaihe-Upi.
She noted that the prizes are amazing and will be announced soon.
“The Miss Namibia Organisation endeavours to create empowerment amongst our youth and provide this platform for them as a stepping stone for greater opportunities in their lives.”
Karuaihe-Upi said the judges are all qualified for the job and well respected in the community.
- Annerie Mare is a life coach and Miss World Namibia 2021.
- Maria Huudu-Eli Shiyuka is a pilot and international model.
- Vehonga Mujoro is a creative strategist and content coordinator.
- Jessica Uiras is the Namibia Media Trust programme coordinator.
- Gerine Hoff is the regional editor at Namibia Media Holdings.
- Deon Matias is a renowned fashion designer and creative director.
- Beaulah Boois-Beukes is the corporate communications officer at Namibia Broadcasting Corporation.
- Esperance Luvindao is a dedicated medical doctor and advocate for good health and humanitarian causes.
- Ilke Platt is the founder and CEO of Poiyah Media.